To the noble Shaykh, Muhammad bin Salih bin `Uthaimin - may Allah have
mercy upon him - peace and blessings of Allah upon you:
You know of the many stores opening that sell audio cassettes of music, in its various forms, so please clarify the following:
- The Islamic ruling regarding the sale of these tapes, keeping in mind that they consist of the following:
1) All kinds of wind and string instruments.
2) An invitation to lewdness and corrupt manners.
3) Base speech.
- What about listening to these kinds of tapes?
- What is the ruling regarding the profits that result from the sale of
these tapes?- What about renting out a store to someone who uses it to
sell music tapes?
- Do the owner of the store and the renter carry the burden of the sins of those people who buy and listen to the music tapes?
May Allah Almighty reward you well and amply.
Tags : selling
, audio cassettes